The Maria 01 Impact Report is an annual publication and a comprehensive report on Maria 01’s activities throughout the preceding years. The report gives the reader a look into the Maria 01 Community, sharing insights from our startups, partners, and investors and the impact we as a community have on the society and wider startup ecosystem.
Our mission is to provide the best environment and community for startups to grow, and we believe the next world-changing startups are being built in Helsinki. That is why this year’s report includes data and findings from the beginning of Maria 01’s history. We have looked into the impact our startups have had on the world around us, including data on everything from raised funding and generated revenue, to created jobs and contributing to a more international working environment.
Key takeaways from the Maria 01 Impact Report 2022
- Maria 01 Startups have raised a total of €715 million in funding since the beginning of Maria 01’s history.
- Maria 01 Startups raised a record-breaking €219 million in funding in 2022, compared to €26 million in 2016 when Maria 01 was established.
- By the end of 2022, a total of 365 Maria 01 startups had raised funding.
- At the end of 2021, Maria 01 Startups had generated a total of €766 million in revenue (2022 numbers not yet available).
- At the end of 2021, Maria 01 Startups had created close to 7000 jobs and paid out over €300 million in salaries (2022 numbers not yet available).
- Today, Maria 01 has over 1500 active members, representing over 45 different nationalities.
- 59 new startups joined the Maria 01 Community in 2022, and at the end of 2022, we had 178 active startups as members.
Open the Maria 01 Impact Report 2022
The Report will open in a new window. Feel free to download the report and share it with your network. Enjoy!
Want a quick overview of the most important findings? Download the summarising one-pager below.